Parks in CheerapunjiA park is an area in the countryside, often with an important natural feature such as water or mountains, that is protected by the government for people to enjoy, and breathe in fresh air along with other activities for kids. Cheerapunji has parks in and around the place.
Find below complete information on the popular parks in Cherrapunji :
Sai - i - Mika- Park
The park minister to both locals and tourists from outside the state for entertainment and educative recreation; useful both for adults and for children through the various facilities which are present and which will be made available in the near future. The park offers various games, sports and arenas like a a volleyball court, badminton court, a basketball court, a skating ring, a playground with swings and slides for young children; and a children's swimming pool for them to cool off and have fun during the summer season. A restaurant accompanied with a tug shop for snacks and cold drinks, with local food is also available.
There are Picnic Huts for those who want to cook by themselves in different areas of the park. A rambling stream flows through the park with small waterfalls and ponds that elaborates the beauty of the park. A conference hall has been made especially for exclusiveness.
Individuals who seek to have conferences and meetings far from the hustle and bustle of town can use this conference hall. A guide is also available to take the tourists for hikes in and around Cherrapunjee, and for those who would like to go sightseeing in luxury and comfort can do so by car.
Cherrapunjee (Sohra) – 793108
Ken and Twill
C/o Mrs J.R. Phanbuh
Shillong - 793021
Phone Numbers :
Mrs J.R. Phanbuh - (+919863020718) , (0364) 2546501
Mrs D. Shullai - (+919862088674)
Email – email@example.com
Ka Kper Syiem Sohra or Cremation ground of the King
On the side of the Pomsohmen stream lies the cremation ground of the Sohra Syiemship (Cherra Chieftain). The cremation of the dead Syiem (Chief) of Sohra is one of the most expensive and complicated ceremonies.
If customary formalities are not performed by the Syiem-elect the body of the Syiem is usually kept for years together, this ground is a very important place in Sohra, that's the reason it's called " Ka Kper Syiem Sohra" or Cremation ground of the King.
There are many fun filled packages :
- Boating Package: Fee- Rs 100 / head, which includes guided walking tour, Ecopark overview/ History /Amenities, Plant/ Trees identification, entry fee and boat ride of 30 minutes.
- Swimming Package: Fee- Rs 130 / head, which includes guided walking tour in the park, Ecopark overview/ History/ Amenities, Plant/ trees identification, entrance fee and swimming.
- Swimming and Boating Package: Rs 150 / head, which includes guided walking tour of the park, Overview/ History/ Amenities of the park, plant/ trees identification, entry fee, boat ride of 30 minutes and swimming.
- Butterfly package: Rs 100 / head, which includes guided walking tour in the park, the Park overview/ history/ amenities, plant/ trees identification, entry fee, and butterfly trail.
- Basic Gardening Hands on Lecture: Rs 150/ head , includes Ecopark overview/ history/ amenities, audio visual presentation, entry fee, basic gardening lecture, audio visual presentation, hands on nursery activity, and using of tools and germinant, but for this package you need to book at least 1 week before.
- Adventure Zone: Fee- Rs 50 + Activity
- Rapelling: Rs 50 / head
- Wall Climb: RS 50 /head
- Zipline: Rs 100 / head
- Paintball: Rs 350/ head with gears and 50 bullets.
Rs 55/ head with gears and 100 bullets.
- Figurine Painting(6"X8"): Rs 150 /head
- Sand Coloring (6"X8"): Rs 150 / head
- Paper Clay Art (6X8"): Rs 150 / head
- Face Painting: Rs 80 / head
- Activity Figurine Painting and Sand Coloring : Rs 250 / head
- Activity Figurine Painting and Sand Coloring or Paper Clay Art and Face Painting: Rs 300 / head
- Activity Figurine Painting or Sand Coloring or Paper Clay Art and Face Painting : Rs 200 / head.
Sohra Eco Park,
Entry fee: Rs 20/ head
Timings: 8 am to 5 pm
Boating Timings: 8 am to 4 pm. The park is open on all days of the week except on 25thDecember and 31st December. It may also remain closed due to very bad weather.
Contacts for inquiries and reservations:
Phone number: 03637-4304051/4305208
Mobile: 09062234125, 09159013772, 09176925716, 09064971206
Email: Marcial_genonangan@Abs-Cbn.Com, Lamesaecopark@Abs-Cbn.Com
Thangkharang Park is located in the Mawsmai-Shella road which is 8 km from Sohra. It is a poplar tourist spot of Sohra. The park is managed by the State Forest Department. There are varied rare and exotic orchids and plant species found in abundance in the park.
Tourists can have a glimpse of the rare flowers and plant species in the park. From the park site a panoramic view of the plains of Bangladesh could be seen. The sight is exotic and let you hear the sound of the fall, as well as you get to fresh air.
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0